State of the Franchise

Go down

State of the Franchise

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:41 am

I hate to say this, but I don't think this franchise will make it. It is largely due to us starting at a bad time with everyone being so busy. We already need to replace 5+ owners due to CPU teams and lack of activity. From my experience, things will likely go downhill from there, because nobody will want to join as a team they didn't draft. I feel we have at least 20 quality owners. We are going to have to wait until the New Year is here and start things over. I know it sucks to wait, but it will be best in the long run. If we try to keep this franchise I have a feeling by week 4 we'll be down to 20 teams. If we want to have a good league, we need to do this right and wait until the New Year. By then we can get 32 quality owners.

I need feedback on if you guys would rather do a fantasy draft again(I'll give us fewer rounds of 30 seconds so it goes faster) or we can do a non-draft league. Personally I like doing the draft because the teams are more balanced.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://maddenelite.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: State of the Franchise

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:42 am

Let me know what you think
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  derekls on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:52 am

I probably wouldn't be willing to do another draft. I wouldn't care waiting until after new years, etc to advance.

But personally I spent about 3 hrs of my life drafting the team I picked, and I actually showed up to the draft........ so it would be hard for me to set threw that again, 15 second rounds or not.... if I don't know for sure if the league is going to stick.

maybe in a few days I would change my mind, I don't know..... but I guess well see what everyone decides - and go from there

Also on the no draft league, I don't do leagues unless they are fantasy drafted.... so id def be out for that.
derekls
derekls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:35 am

The new year is another week away. It doesn't make sense to do a redraft after the New Year. The same people will be complaining about their teams after that draft too. I hope we have the right owners in this league and aren't using the holidays as an excuse. I'm in 2 leagues right now that are only adv once this week and both are in their second seasons. We could still adv twice before the new year if we adv on sun and thur. Looks like some teams weren't as prepared for the draft as they could've have been but that's the beauty of a fantasy draft. You might struggle through your first season but you end up with a nice pick in upcoming rookie drafts. That's why we joined a sim style fantasy league to pretend like we're NFL frachise owners. This is what they deal with when organizing their teams. We should be able to get these games in by Sun. and activity on the franchise will pick up. Deal with your teams people! Trade block activity will pick up this week. Let's not give up!
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  For3and1 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:04 pm

The same problem will probably occur though as it is almost impossible to get 32 owners who will stick with it in the long run no matter how bad their doing or how much they don't like their team.
For3and1
For3and1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xx dook xx on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:21 pm

The only thing that makes me think this wont last is that youre giving up so quickly ... youve got me convinced ...

xx dook xx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Exactly, I don't get much confidence when the admin is the first to say this isn't going to work. What's the hurry, Madden 11 doesn't come out til aug anyway! Stick with your teams people and get some aggressive trades going to make adjustments. It's too early to start panicking!
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  prpatel05 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:31 pm

i would like if we just turned this franchise into a regular teams one and dropped the fantasy draft
prpatel05
prpatel05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R Kritikal 916 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:04 pm

For3and1 wrote:The same problem will probably occur though as it is almost impossible to get 32 owners who will stick with it in the long run no matter how bad their doing or how much they don't like their team.

This is exactly the problem

What happens if we redraft and a week or 2 later 5 or so owners quit or become innactive? Are we going to do another redraft??

We need to get things together and see what we have to do to make this a working leage, down 5 players or not, if we have to redraft, I will be unhappy but if its whats good for the league then so be it.

We all just spent hours drafting and I personally ended up with a good team with some players I specifically wanted, I think if I redrafted and didn't get a certain player I wanted that I got in the 1st initial draft, I would be pissed and feel ripped off.
R Kritikal 916
R Kritikal 916

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm with you Kritikal...I took time on my draft board and drafted a team I wanted too. Seems like the people complaining weren't at the draft or the computer picked for them.
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PollitoCano on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:42 pm

yes we spent time in draft.. i am in other leagues and we are still playing our games with no problems... it doesnt matter holidays it depends in us the owners.... if we want we will play if not, even with another draft will be the same...
PollitoCano
PollitoCano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

probs

Post  whYte N0iSE on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:35 pm

I personally like my team and i dont have any problem playing everyday if we had too, i am a serious owner and would love to have an active league that would last for many seasons. Heres the prob for me....i dont mind if we kicked bad owners and got new serious ones and had another draft, thats not that bad realy whats another three hours for a legit active franchise. But i only joined this franchise because i like the draft aspect of online franchise and if we do switch to normal teams then i will not want to be a part of it anymore. I hope we can get this all worked out because im ready to play week 2 lol.
whYte N0iSE
whYte N0iSE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:23 pm

I want to keep this league. The only problem is there weren't more than about 25 owners to begin with that were willing to stick with it. I should've chosen more carefully. It will be nearly impossible to replace them now, because nobody wants to take over a team that was already drafted. I'm not giving up we're going to have a league, I'm just trying to figure out what will be best
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

franchise

Post  whYte N0iSE on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:02 am

You started a (draft) franchise and I think thats the only way we'll get all 32 ppl to play otherwise no one will want the sh@t teams. So I say we find the owners that truly love playing this game whether they win or lose and then fill up the spots with ppl from our friends list that we know will play just like we do. Then we can either use the teams we got or just completely redraft, its not a big deal. And to be honest with you even if we can find like 24 truly active owners we could just put 3 in each division and that would make for a good franchise.
whYte N0iSE
whYte N0iSE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 am

We def don't have the right owners in this league. I just played my first game and the Tennessee Titans owner quit during my second offensive drive. This kid could've had 55 A potential starters on his roster and would've have still bailed when he fell behind. I checked after the game was over and he left the frachise. The reason I join online frachise is because I'm sick of the glitching, cheesing, and people quitting during online quick matches. You're never going to be able to keep 32 owners but that's not the point. Let's keep quality owners in this league even if there's only 20-25 of us and help each other become better players and have fun. Serious players will continue to fill this league up as we move along because serious owners are determined to stick it out no matter what roster they take over or record they have in the middle of the season. They look forward to rebuilding in the rookie drafts and trade blocks.
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R Kritikal 916 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 am

Yea that sucks, when kids or poor sports play they are gonna quit if theyre down and leave the league, horrible.

This is my first franchise, I am not that great at the game, but I love football and I love the idea of actually having a league full of real people and playing a real season, closest im going to get to being in the NFL LOL. So I could go 0-16 but as long as the owners are active and everyone has a decent attitude, I'm in.
R Kritikal 916
R Kritikal 916

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:27 am

I'm 0-5 in both of the other league's I'm playing. I drafted one and took another but it doesn't matter to me. Games are being played 2-3 times a week and trades are going down all the time. Everyone is having fun even the losing owners. If I don't turn my season around soon at least I know I'll end up with a great pick in the draft and in the mean time I can work on my skills against guys with great sportsmanship and play straight up and that should be the goal of the owners in this league. I keep checking the sites and online and there are still 28 of us. Looks like the trade posts are during well and people have a lot of input on the general discussion boards. You guys are the kind of owners this league deserves.
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

poor new owners

Post  whYte N0iSE on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:01 am

After dealing with all the trade offers and seeing the rosters I just feel realy bad for the new owners coming in to our league. I love my roster but I am more than willing to redraft IF and its a big if...we can bring in owners that will surely stay in the league for many years.

I mean cmon guys would you wanna stay in the franchise with a crap team that you didnt even have any choice in?
whYte N0iSE
whYte N0iSE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  entourage on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:20 am

I just joined the league, i didnt draft my team. But i am looking to make a bunch of moves and work with I got. Its more about the player than the team anyway
entourage
entourage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whYte N0iSE on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:20 am

i like your attitude lol
whYte N0iSE
whYte N0iSE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MercifulShinu on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:23 am

My Team isnt exactly what i was looking forward to having when i took over the person who quit and starting 0-1 already lol but i figure if we can actually keep going it's just going to be better round draft picks for me Smile
MercifulShinu
MercifulShinu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MethoSauRuS on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 am

yeah lets keep this goin now, looks like we have 32 owners that will stay
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 am

We are full steam ahead! 32 owners again!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swag4Daze on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:25 pm

once I get back from NC on the 2nd I'll be ready to start advancing on a regular basis. Cant wait!
Swag4Daze
Swag4Daze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yoyo995 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:47 pm

For3and1 wrote:The same problem will probably occur though as it is almost impossible to get 32 owners who will stick with it in the long run no matter how bad their doing or how much they don't like their team.

Lmao is this is rlly a problem ppl got this game confused with sumthin else

yoyo995

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down