New Plan for this franchise

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Plan for this franchise

Post  MethoSauRuS on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:50 am

I thought of a good idea. Right now we are down about 5+ players (2 CPU and 3+ inactives)

Leagues dissolve real fast once that happens.

I thought of a new way to do this franchise. We have about 25+ active players which is good. Lets make this a new franchise with default rosters. For people who want to draft just listen.

When the new franchise with default rosters starts, we will make trades and all that, but we will sim the games in the first season. Change depth charts and make trades while we sim the first season. Takes less than a day to sim a whole season. The next day, once we have 32 owners that are active on this forum, we have the rookie draft.

If we start in season 2, players ratings will be more accurate because they will get a slight ratings bump from the first simmed season. And you can build your franchise for the long term.

We will have a rookie draft as our first major event. This will let people tune up their team and ensure good teams for everyone.

This franchise is already starting to lose some of its sizzle, my opponent isn't even GOLD....wtf????

If you guys agree with this idea, lets do it.

Think about it, it will make for a great franchise.
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Plan for this franchise

Post  For3and1 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:00 am

I think it's a great idea but I really like my fantasy drafted team. I would never be able to get a team like I did if it's default rosters. But if thats the best way to get people to stay then im in. I say we should do this because it's almost impossible to get people to replace cpu teams and inactive players in a fantasy draft league. I like the idea of simming the first season also.
For3and1
For3and1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  For3and1 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:24 am

I also think we should increase quarter length to 10 min with 15 second runoff. It gives time to get more realistic stat and a more realistic number of plays run.
For3and1
For3and1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shibbyrazel on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:01 am

I think we should just redraft after the holidays because right now everyone's schedule is real crazy
shibbyrazel
shibbyrazel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  For3and1 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:08 am

I wouldn't mind redrafting eventhough it did take about 4 hours to complete Very Happy
For3and1
For3and1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:21 am

Xmas is always crazy but New Years week isn't bad at all...the deadline for games was Sat. night. We could adv on Sun night and adv Wed night and still get 2 weeks in before New years eve. I don't want to redraft or sim. Thoughts?
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MethoSauRuS on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:47 am

The main problem is that we won't find people that want to join as the teams that are available... thats why this franchise might not work. Either way we do it, we should probly start off fresh in a few days.
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oskie green420 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:53 am

Yeah if u wanna start up another lg, cool but why not just put lg on pause till new year. I really like my team and don't feel like playing default roster. I'm in like 3 lgs with default rosters. The only reason I joined this lg was because it was a draft. Don't worry about the ppl that quit. They prob were just mad at their tms and wouldve lost alot anyway.
Oskie green420
Oskie green420

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  For3and1 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:05 am

Yeah the more I think about it I think we should just continue with this league. Whose to say if we do start over again the same problem won't occur... Theres always gonna be a couple who quit because they don't like their team, don't like losing, or just lose interest. Theres only a few open teams so maybe we can find a couple replacement owners. Thats the negative of a fantasy draft league, you cant replace owners quickly.
For3and1
For3and1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MethoSauRuS on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:10 am

It doesn't seem like a lot now... but thats how it always is. They can fall apart real fast.
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  For3and1 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:16 am

I know I was apart of one that failed pretty fast. Theres really nothing you can do unless if everyone wants to just change the league to a default roster league...
For3and1
For3and1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R Kritikal 916 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:41 am

I dont think it would be fair to have default rosters because nobody would want to use certain teams that arnt as good.

I say if everyone has a hectic schedule to wait to advance, I don't want to redraft, no matter how many peop0el we initially have there are always going to be people who drop out you cant stop it, I am still waiting to play my first game
R Kritikal 916
R Kritikal 916

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:02 am

I don't think this league is going to last. We have about 5+ teams already that need replacing. You can't get people to take over a fantasy draft team. I think the best interest of the league might be to just redraft after the new year. What does everyone think of that idea?
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://maddenelite.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  shibbyrazel on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:49 am

I"m down for redrafting
shibbyrazel
shibbyrazel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  derekls on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:59 am

Again, im not sure of how many of you guys showed up to do the drafting, but it took a long time.

Im not going to do it again, for this league anyways, there needs to be something set in place that we know we have a league before we do anything drastic.

I feel that if I set threw 3-4 hrs of a draft and before week one is done there is already plans to redraft, im not to sure it would have made a difference.

We need quality ppl from the start or maybe the draft should have been not done so quick in the first place.
derekls
derekls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:21 pm

The new year is another week away. It doesn't make sense to do a redraft after the New Year. The same people will be complaining about their teams after that draft too. I hope we have the right owners in this league and aren't using the holidays as an excuse. I'm in 2 leagues right now that are only adv once this week and both are in their second seasons. We could still adv twice before the new year if we adv on sun and thur. Looks like some teams weren't as prepared for the draft as they could've have been but that's the beauty of a fantasy draft. You might struggle through your first season but you end up with a nice pick in upcoming rookie drafts. That's why we joined a sim style fantasy league to pretend like we're NFL frachise owners. This is what they deal with when organizing their teams. We should be able to get these games in by Sun. and activity on the franchise will pick up. Deal with your teams people! Trade block activity will pick up this week. Let's not give up!
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cjok1051 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:55 pm

I could not be there for the draft. Because I was moving and didn't have internet access. I did how ever spend an hour and a half setting up my draft board. I am content with my team, I wouldn't be opposed to redrafting, or keeping the league as is. I think we need to take a poll of all the remaining owners to see who will stay in as is. And just keep the league going. Even if we only keep say 25 solid owners, and have 7 computer based owners thats not so bad. It gives the poorer teams a chance to win some games. I my self will stay in either way, however I don't want to go with defalt rosters. I'm in here because its a draft league.
cjok1051
cjok1051

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  prpatel05 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:33 pm

I AGREE completely to this idea lets have default roster and trades
prpatel05
prpatel05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:54 pm

If you guys wanted default rosters then you shouldn't have agreed to the rules and joined a fantasy league!
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R Kritikal 916 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:55 pm

I wouldnt have joined this league if it was default teams, I don't like the Saints
R Kritikal 916
R Kritikal 916

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  metalmask2 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:56 am

I think if we do a redraft I'm out. It took an EXTREMELY long time to do the live draft in the first place and the reward of doing that is you get who you get. My team isn't the best but I'm willing to go with it no matter what and then see what I need to improve on the team from there. I can't understand why its so hard for people to play one game. No names here but you see many of the people in this league playing other games and online quite often but never bother to try to get a single game in so we can advance the week. We should set a cutoff point for maximum computer players allowed to maintain a balance in the league as you don't want too many people quitting and then everyone playing COM opponents every week.

metalmask2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MethoSauRuS on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:27 am

If we keep the franchise it can only get worse. We have to restart it and try something else. Where we are now, no one will fill CPU teams for a long period of time. We might as well restart it.

Thats why I had the idea to start our new franchise default rosters with 1 season simmed. Slight bump in ratings for each team and a rookie draft (takes 1/100th of the time). This way people can rebuild with higher picks if they happen to pick a team that is not very good. It is the fairest way possible, and with default rosters, it is easier to maintain. We should still think about 1 CPU per division even with this idea. It works smoother with 1 less team per division, just less headaches and usually its the worst teams that no one wants anyway.
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:41 am

What your suggesting isn't a fantasy league at all then...correct me if I'm wrong. There should be a wait list with guys ready to take over for less committed owners. They'd more than happy to get their trade blocks going to fit their style of play if they take over a team they were unhappy with. That's what serious owners do, they make aggressive changes. I don't mind a few CPU teams in the league but simming the season with default rosters is not an option in a fantasy league. If you want default rosters then your not the kind of owner this fantasy league needs.
keg43
keg43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MethoSauRuS on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:36 am

I don't care if it is fantasy or default rosters, I just want the franchise not to fall apart.
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:43 am

I just want to make sure we have a good franchise in the long run. Everything is pretty much off until the New Year anyways. I don't think we have that many active owners, seeing as only a few games have been played
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://maddenelite.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next